Entry Info/Refunds/Race Fees
Registration is required for all races. You may click on the Registration link at the top of the page to register online. Online registration will close for Saturday's races on the preceding Wednesday evening. We please ask that all participating crews register online before Thursday. Late registration fees will be assessed for all races (except OC1, OC2 and SUP) if you wait and register in person after Wednesday's deadline. Please don't wait to register and pay for your crews at registration. You will accrue late fees for non individual races and experience a delay as we have limited computers to utilize for new entries.
Our registration room will be located in the lower lobby of the King Kamehameha Hotel, and will be open:
- Thur. 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Fri. 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, don't wait until the last minute gang!
- Sat. from 3:00 to 5:00 pm
- Entry withdrawals received before August 13, 2018 will receive a full refund, minus any/all applicable credit card fees
- Entry withdrawals received before August 20, 2018 will receive a 50% refund, minus any/all applicable credit card fees
- No refunds will be given for any withdrawals after August 26, 2018
- No refunds will be given if the event is cancelled due to a natural disaster, extreme weather or for any other safety reason.
To download our waiver forms, please use the WAIVERS link at the top of the page.
- A WAIVER form for each paddler must be signed by all paddlers of that crew and turned in to Kai 'Opua Registration in order to receive the crew's race packet with canoe I.D. Decal Numbers. Registration closes at 6:00 p.m. Friday.
- NO PADDLERS MAY PARTICIPATE WITHOUT HAVING SIGNED WAIVER FORMS!
- If a paddler is participating in a Saturday race, they do not have to complete waivers for any other race. Only one waiver per paddler turned in at registration.
- I.D. Required if entering any age division. You may make legible photo copies of IDs.
- Iron Crews: Six (6) paddlers. No relief paddlers, no escort boats and no more than three (3) paddlers at least 16 yrs old for Open crews. Junior crews must all be 16 through 18 years of age.
- Non-Iron: Nine (9) paddlers, two (2) helpers and one (1) coach. If the coach is also a paddler, his/her name must appear on the list as a paddler. For Open crews, no more than four (4) paddlers at least 16 yrs old. Junior crews must all be 16 through 18 years of age.
- PLEASE NOTE: 9-Person Category: The Captain of your escort boat must also sign an Escort Boat Waiver.
Coaches, please also refer to the Coach's Race Packet or your online Registration Center for more details.
- ALL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE MADE ONLINE
- ALL WAIVERS - ONE PER PADDLER - SIGNED AND TURNED IN AT REGISTRATION
- COPIES OF IDs ARE AVAILABLE FOR ALL AGE GROUP PADDLERS (40s, 50s, 55s ...)
- ALL CREW REGISTRATION SHEETS - PRINTED OUT FROM ONLINE REGISTRATION CENTER
- CHECK-IN TO REGISTRATION - PACKETS AND RACE NUMBERS RECEIVED
- OFFICIAL RACE NUMBERS - **PLACED ON CANOE(S)
PADDLERS' REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO RACES
- All paddlers must have signed waivers and be registered in order to participate. Paddlers in age-group divisions must bring identification showing proof of age at time of registration.
- Double-Hull Races: Clubs may join together or have unregistered paddlers participating as members of their crew, provided all have signed Waivers.
The table below lists the current race fees. Please note - they are subject to change. All amounts shown are in USD.
|Race||Regular Cost||Late Cost (after 8/29/2018)|
|Saturday - 6 Person Iron
|Saturday - 9 Person Glass
|Sunday - Double Hull
|Sunday - Single Hull (Teens)
|Sunday - OC-1
|Sunday - OC-2
|Sunday - Stand-Up
|Thursday - OC4, 8 Person Relay
|Monday - Kupuna Classic
|Monday - Kupuna Classic
|Friday - Royal Splashfest - Solo
|Friday - Royal Splashfest - Team
Note - we are now requiring each non-Hawaiian paddler to pay a $10 insurance fee. This fee is assessed on the Saturday crew entries. If a paddler is registered for the Saturday race, the insurance fee paid will cover them for all remaining long distance events in Hawaii through the end of the year.
Our list will be shared with the Pailolo, Na Wahine O Ke Kai and Molokai Hoe registration committees so that they do not need to pay the fee more than once.
|Saturday Canoe Rental Fee ||$100.00 Per Crew|
|Non-Hawaian Paddler Insurance Fee ||$10 Per Paddler|
|Saturday Shuttle Cost ||$5 Per Person|