Entry Info/Refunds/Race Fees
Registration is required for all races. You may click on the Registration link at the top of the page to register online. Online registration will close for Saturday's races on the preceding Wednesday evening. We please ask that all participating Saturday crews register online before Thursday. Late registration fees will be assessed for Saturdays races if you register in person. NOTE - we have a new registration system in place this year so all registrations will be entered online. Don't wait to register and pay for your crews at registration. You will experience a delay as we have limited computers to utilize for new entries.
Our registration room will be located in the lower lobby of the King Kamehameha Hotel, and will be open:
- Thur. 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Fri. 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, don't wait until the last minute gang!
- Sat. from 3:00 to 5:00 pm
- Entry withdrawals received before August 14, 2017 will receive a full refund, minus any/all applicable credit card fees
- Entry withdrawals received before August 21, 2017 will receive a 50% refund, minus any/all applicable credit card fees
- No refunds will be given for any withdrawals after August 27, 2017
- No refunds will be given if the event is cancelled due to a natural disaster, extreme weather or for any other safety reason.
To download our waiver forms, please use the WAIVERS link at the top of the page.
- A WAIVER form for each paddler must be signed by all paddlers of that crew and turned in to Kai 'Opua Registration in order to receive the crew's race packet with canoe I.D. Decal Numbers. Registration closes at 6:00 p.m. Friday.
- NO PADDLERS MAY PARTICIPATE WITHOUT HAVING SIGNED WAIVER FORMS!
- I.D. Required if entering age division.
- Iron Crews: Six (6) paddlers. No relief paddlers, no escort boats and no more than three (3) paddlers at least 16 yrs old.
- Non-Iron: Nine (9) paddlers, two (2) helpers and one (1) coach. If the coach is also a paddler, his/her name must appear on the list as a paddler. No more than four (4) paddlers at least 16 yrs old.
- PLEASE NOTE: 9-Person Category: The Captain of your escort boat must also sign a Waiver.
Coaches, please also refer to the Coach's Race Packet or your online Registration Center for more details.
- ALL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE MADE ONLINE
- ALL WAIVERS - ONE PER PADDLER - SIGNED
- IDs ARE AVAILABLE FOR ALL AGE GROUP PADDLERS (40s, 50s, 55s ...)
- ALL CREW REGISTRATION SHEETS - PRINTED OUT FROM ONLINE REGISTRATION CENTER
- CHECKIN TO REGISTRATION - PACKETS AND RACE NUMBERS RECEIVED
- OFFICIAL RACE NUMBERS - **PLACED ON CANOE(S)
- In order to live-track your canoe for the Saturday races, we ask that all Saturday crews place your numbers on your canoes by 7:00 PM Friday evening. Canoes without stickers may not be tracked.
PADDLERS' REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO RACES
- All paddlers must have signed waivers and be registered in order to participate. Paddlers in age-group divisions must bring identification showing proof of age at time of registration.
- Double-Hull Races: Clubs may join together or have unregistered paddlers participating as members of their crew, provided all have signed Waivers.
The table below lists the current race fees. Please note - they are subject to change. All amounts shown are in USD.
|Race||Regular Cost||Late Cost (after 8/29/2018)|
|Saturday - 6 Person Iron
|Saturday - 9 Person Glass
|Sunday - Double Hull
|Sunday - Single Hull (Teens)
|Sunday - OC-1
|Sunday - OC-2
|Sunday - Stand-Up
|Thursday - OC4, 8 Person Relay
|Monday - Kupuna Classic
Note - we are now requiring each non-Hawaiian paddler to pay a $10 insurance fee. This fee is assessed on the Saturday crew entries. If a paddler is registered for the Saturday race, the insurance fee paid will cover them for all remaining long distance events in Hawaii through the end of the year.
Our list will be shared with the Pailolo, Na Wahine O Ke Kai and Molokai Hoe registration committees so that they do not need to pay the fee more than once.
|Saturday Canoe Rental Fee ||$100.00 Per Crew|
|Non-Hawaian Paddler Insurance Fee ||$10 Per Paddler|
|Saturday Shuttle Cost ||$5 Per Person|